Welcome screen is lagging in new laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I got my new new laptop (Core i7, RAM 12GB, SSD, Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia 2GB) with Windows 7 Home Premium, I noticed the graphic is little lagging at the screen after the welcome screen, there is fading but it is happening slow motion, everything else is fine, just Welcome screen

I had old laptop, I didn't have that issue.
    What you do you think the problem is?

Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:16 PM

All replies

• Visit the support website of the manufacturer of your new laptop and download/install the latest graphics adapter driver and any other available driver updates.

Carey Frisch

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

Have you installed latest graphics card driver for Windows 7? Please be ensured that you have installed the latest drivers and all the updates.

If the issue persists, please check whether this issue occurred in Safe Mode and Clean Boot mode.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Hi,

Have you installed latest graphics card driver for Windows 7? Please be ensured that you have installed the latest drivers and all the updates.

If the issue persists, please check whether this issue occurred in Safe Mode and Clean Boot mode.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

Yes I installed latest drivers and Windows 7 updates, problem persists, and I tried clean boot, I found that Intel Common User Interface (igfxpers.exe) causing the lagging, should I disable t?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Hi,

Base on my research, igfxpers.exe is a common Intel user interface. While the program is from Intel, it is more specifically associated with Nvidia graphics cards.

Most non-system processes that are running can be stopped because they are not involved in running your operating system. In addition,  you can also scan the system to check virus and reinstall your graphic driver to check the result.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:10 AM