none
Balloon tips/notification in Windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have question about manage "balloon tips" in Windows 10. I want to disable all notification( in my enterprise we have 80000 active AD user and now notification is disable forced by GPO) so we want to still disable all of type notification except notification about expiring windows password or risk in system - we want to see this popup because this is important for system stability. Can we do it manually by GPO or powershell? I dont wanna enable notification about new updates or another pop-up about something else. Only popup about system risk and password expire. Can we expect this notification via GPO or powershell? Im asking because in option of notification i can only enable or disable this and enable/disable nofitication from app, not from system and this is the most important things for me now.

Best regards,

Damian

Monday, February 4, 2019 2:32 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can set that via Group Policy.

1.Open the Local Group Policy Editor and navigate to: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Local Policies\Security Options.

2.Next, double-click the “Interactive Logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration” policy on the right pane.

3.Enter the number of days prior to password expiration that you want to notify users, and click OK.

4.Reboot.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:46 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to what S.Sengupta said, we can enable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 referring to the following link:

How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/105486-enable-disable-notifications-windows-security-windows-10-a.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:14 PM
  • In addition to what has been posted, you can get rid of balloon tips and toast messages via GPO. Do a search on both in gpedit.msc.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:37 PM