MP from Installing SCOM2007 R2 deleted. How to recover ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have problem that there was a special MP named like "Microsoft. SystemCenter.Secure........", Version 6.1.7221.0 . I had to delete that in the flow of deleting and reinstalling the AD MP.
    Unfortunately this MP cannot be found on our disks, we are using the Downloaded version for the CD.

If somebody knows how to recover from that and make the MP available again ?  By the way restoration of Systemdisk or database is not an option.

Thanks in advance,

number33

P.S.: I don't know what that MP is for. But we saw only today that we cannot add RunAs Accounts or Profile any more. In the wizards we can only enter the names in the general tab, but the NEXT-Button does not get activated. So I thought that definind these items could be a feature of this missing MP.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not sure why Display Names are not allowed to start with "_" . I found out that the first character has to be a letter or a number, and this behaviour has been around for quite some time.

That said, you can use "_" anywhere else in the name. Would that work for you?

Thanks,
    Shreedevi
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Monday, July 6, 2009 11:16 PM

All replies

• Try reinstalling R2 in "repair" mode.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:56 PM
  • Hi number33,

I am not sure which MP this is - I cant seemt to find an MP similar to "Microsoft. SystemCenter.Secure........" with the default installation of R2.
    Do you have more details?

Or, if you can give me a list of the MPs that you have installed currently, I can compare it to my installation, and probably figure out which MP is missing.

Thanks,
    Shreedevi

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:56 PM
  • Hi Shreeedevi,

have create a list of MPs with Powershell. 

How can I send this to you ?

I don't know if the forum provides a possibility to contact members via email.

Thanks,
    number33

Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:00 AM
  • Hi

there are a number of "core" MPs that are only installed when you install the RMS. You will not find those anywhere on the CD etc. One way to retrieve them if you do not have a backup is to do an install on a VM as a one off and copy all the MP files from there. I also make a copy of the original DEfault MP and keep that safe as well.

Ian
    http://ianblythmanagement.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 10:38 AM
  • Hello everybody,

I did a fresh Install into a test system, list the installed MPs into a textfile. Compared this textfile to a list of MPs from our production system.

No MP is missing !

So for now: Sorry to steel your time.

Subsequently I tried again to create RunAs Account and Profile. It works !

The problem is that Displaynames for RunAs Accounts and Profiles must not start with "_",  but that is our team's convention to begin private configurations with "_".

Shreedevi, is there a reason to deny Displaynames starting with "_" ?

So far for this friday.

Again, thanks to all and have a nice weekend

number33

Friday, July 3, 2009 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

I am not sure why Display Names are not allowed to start with "_" . I found out that the first character has to be a letter or a number, and this behaviour has been around for quite some time.

That said, you can use "_" anywhere else in the name. Would that work for you?

Thanks,
    Shreedevi
    Monday, July 6, 2009 11:16 PM
  • Hello,

yes the behaviour is okay. One simply has to know that.

Thanks to all

nemuber33
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:57 AM