.Net 4.5 WPF application work fine on Windows 7 malfunction on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

•        We have .Net 4.5 based WPF application. It works correctly on Windows 7.
    When we moved it to Windows 10 it started malfunctioning.
    On investigation we found that when we type a set of 2 character typing will make one Chinese character.
    In windows 7 when we press first character it is converted to <BLANK space> for display in text box. When we press another character again it decides the final Chinese character to render.

In windows 10 this behaviour has changed.
    when we press first character it is NOT converted but render as it is. When we press another character it decides the final Chinese character to render, by replacing first and second character typed.

Is the expected behaviour of Windows 7 vs Windows 10?

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:25 AM

Answers

• You are welcome, I am happy to assist you.

I search online and discuss with my teammates, some of my colleagues think your current condition is a normal phenomenon, some of them suspect the Windows version might be a reason.

Therefore, please use the latest Windows 10 build 10586.218 version to test your app, I find a case proves this point.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/in-a-wpf-application-spell-check-doesnt-work-on/4121c31c-2e14-44a2-94f3-cdb46213f0ca

Besides, at present I haven’t found a link definitely indicates "the way Thread works in Windows 10 may not be similar it works in Windows 7”, but what about this link, smart as you, I think you have done this operation.

Enable ASP.NET 4.5 On Windows 10

http://www.jammer.biz/enable-asp-net-on-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

At first, I suggest to run your WPF app under the compatibility mode to see the result.

With the limited condition, we can’t test compatibility for your app, you could ask for help from our WPF forum, the following link is the address.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/home?forum=wpf

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:51 AM
  • I posted the similar question on WPF forum also. My Analysis says its question on Windows 10 vs Windows 7 so I posted here.

The way Thread works in Windows 10 may not be similar it works in Windows 7. Please suggest.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:53 PM
  • Yes, I agree with your viewpoint, “the way Thread works in Windows 10 may not be similar it works in Windows 7”.

But please understand, we can’t debug a specific app symptom on Windows 10 while lots of app can run normally on this system, maybe the source code of your WPF app need to modify in some place, or this app’s architecture is based on previous Windows version.

We don’t familiar with the development of WPF app like you, therefore I advise you post on WPF forum, please wait for response from there.

Best regards   

Monday, May 9, 2016 8:12 AM
  • Thanks Teemo. I checked with Compatibility mode, and it still did not work.   It you have some links on:

"the way Thread works in Windows 10 may not be similar it works in Windows 7”. please share.

I am fine to close this thread now.

Monday, May 9, 2016 9:26 AM
  • You are welcome, I am happy to assist you.

I search online and discuss with my teammates, some of my colleagues think your current condition is a normal phenomenon, some of them suspect the Windows version might be a reason.

Therefore, please use the latest Windows 10 build 10586.218 version to test your app, I find a case proves this point.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/in-a-wpf-application-spell-check-doesnt-work-on/4121c31c-2e14-44a2-94f3-cdb46213f0ca

Besides, at present I haven’t found a link definitely indicates "the way Thread works in Windows 10 may not be similar it works in Windows 7”, but what about this link, smart as you, I think you have done this operation.

Enable ASP.NET 4.5 On Windows 10

http://www.jammer.biz/enable-asp-net-on-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:02 AM
  • Thanks Teemo. My windows 10 is latest Windows 10 build 10586.218 version. Closing the thread for now.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:08 AM