none
Garbage value returned while calling DB2 package call from BizTalk 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I’ve migrated an interface from BizTalk 2006 R2 to BizTalk 2010. My interface polls data from Oracle table and calls a DB2 package from a helper class which is invoked from an Orchestration.

Code of helper class is fairly simple which invokes a DB2 package by passing data as parameters:

Dim Conn As New MsHostFileClient.HostFileConnection

Dim Cmd As MsHostFileClient.HostFileCommand

Dim Result As String

Try

Conn.ConnectionString = “DB2_Connection_String”

Conn.Open()

Cmd = New MsHostFileClient.HostFileCommand(Conn)

Cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text

Cmd.CommandText = "EXEC 'CALL PGM(TEMP_DEV/RC_NUM) PARM(PARAM1 RARAM2)'"

Result = Cmd.ExecuteScalar

Exception ex

Throw ex

End Try

The connection is opened properly DB2 package call is also invoked BUT the result returned by the package is a garbage value like ကːĀ਀̒؀ in BizTalk2010 while it returns desired value in BizTalk2006.

How can I get proper value instead of garbage in this scenario?

• Moved by Ben Cline1 Monday, July 18, 2011 10:31 PM related to HIS (From:BizTalk Server Adapters and Adapter Pack)
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:23 PM

Answers

• Muhammad,

The best thing here is to open a support case. We will need to see the following:

DDL for the stored procedure

DDL for any tables the SP touches

Version and platform of DB2 you are using (IE - DB2/MVS 9.1, DB2/NT 9.7, etc)

Network capture of the data flow between your server and DB2 system.

Thanks,

Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:51 AM

All replies

• Maybe an encoding difference?

Is the garbage value you show in your post the actual value or just something else you created?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, July 18, 2011 6:39 PM
  • The value I mentioned is actual value returned by package call.

Yes... this might be the encoding difference. This is what I want to know if there is any difference between HIS2006 and HIS2010 while calling DB2 package?

There might some extra parameter required in connection string OR some missing configuration in HIS2010 OR anything need to change at DB2 side?

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:56 PM
  • The HIS forum would be a great place to find out what specific differences there might be. I will move the thread there.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, July 18, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Muhammad,

The best thing here is to open a support case. We will need to see the following:

DDL for the stored procedure

DDL for any tables the SP touches

Version and platform of DB2 you are using (IE - DB2/MVS 9.1, DB2/NT 9.7, etc)

Network capture of the data flow between your server and DB2 system.

Thanks,

Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:51 AM