none
MDT 2013, deployed from disk partition? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to launch the deployment from a disk partition (D :)

If I throw from a DVD or USB I have no problem

How did you manage to do it from a partition?

What settings do I need?

Thank you very much!
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:03 AM

All replies

• LTIOem templates are designed to do this.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:46 PM
  • So this is actually pretty easy to do, MDT can sense if the deployroot and osdisk are the same.  What you need to do is ensure that your partition is active in diskpart, and that you copy the media ISO in its entirety to the partition.  On reboot it will boot to the MDT sequence and apply as you have configured.   You can also launch MDT manually from that partition by launching the litetouch.wsf script located under .\Deploy\Scripts\. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:13 PM
  • LTIOem templates are designed to do this.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I have a Standard template, I can copy it directly to a LTIoem? Or I have to make it new?

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:25 AM
  • So this is actually pretty easy to do, MDT can sense if the deployroot and osdisk are the same.  What you need to do is ensure that your partition is active in diskpart, and that you copy the media ISO in its entirety to the partition.  On reboot it will boot to the MDT sequence and apply as you have configured.   You can also launch MDT manually from that partition by launching the litetouch.wsf script located under .\Deploy\Scripts\. Hope this helps.

Ryan

If I copy all the media folder \ Content (Boot, Deploy and Bootmgr) in D (Partition 2), then change the active partition "D", restart and should work? Then return to "C" active partition?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I have done and have not worked for me. Error message when restart: NTLDR is missing

• Edited by valentoni Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:22 AM checked
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:42 AM
  • That's a boot issue -- storage driver issue, bios boot mode issue, files not in the right place (root should have .\boot , .\deploy, .\efi ... etc. What are you trying to accomplish here?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:39 PM
  • Use the LTIOEM task sequence template.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:28 PM
  • That's a boot issue -- storage driver issue, bios boot mode issue, files not in the right place (root should have .\boot , .\deploy, .\efi ... etc. What are you trying to accomplish here?
    I want to make a deployment from the "D" partition the hard disk. The idea is to launch a cmd or powershell so that when you restart the computer, boot from the partition where the image and perform deployment.

Any idea to do so?

Thank You!
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:21 AM
  • Use the LTIOEM task sequence template.

This task sequence is the original:

http://1drv.ms/1Ik6zEG

http://1drv.ms/1Ik6FvX

http://1drv.ms/1Ik6GzX

In the OEM task sequence appears:

http://1drv.ms/1Ik6Ffz

I have to copy of the original task sequence starting from "Preinstall" after "Stage Media" in the OEM task sequence?

How do I restart the OEM partition from a script?

Is there a manual task sequence settings oem?

Thank You!

Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:47 AM