Why does my desktop fit screen rather than center? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been selecting JPGs as my background image.  However, no matter what setting, the image always displays fit to screen rather than centered (with black, my background color showing on the left & right borders).  It probably doesn't matter, but it doesn't fill the whole screen, it is simply stretched horizontally.

My screen resolution is at the recommended 1440 x 900.

The two images I've tried are 611 x 404 and 780 x 361.

Answers?  Troubleshooting advice?  I'd like to have the image retain it's original (small) size and simply centered as my desktop background.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:02 PM

Answers

• Nevermind, I found a solution.

Apparently, I only got this problem when I chose "set desktop background" from either windows photo viewer or chrome.  But when i did it in firefox, it worked!  If someone feels like explaining it, go ahead.  But, for me, this minor nuisance only needed a What/How rather than a Why.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:09 PM

All replies

• Nevermind, I found a solution.

Apparently, I only got this problem when I chose "set desktop background" from either windows photo viewer or chrome.  But when i did it in firefox, it worked!  If someone feels like explaining it, go ahead.  But, for me, this minor nuisance only needed a What/How rather than a Why.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting!

I am glad you find the solution. According to the symptom, it is likely due to a conflict between the third party software installed at the same time.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 8, 2010 7:09 AM