Office Outlook 2007 and Live Mail RRS feed

• General discussion

• Does Live mail coexist with Outlook 2007 ?

I have Outlook 2007 already on Windows 7 and would like to load Live Mail  are there any compatibility issues?

• Changed type 暁北 Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:24 AM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:59 PM

All replies

• Jim

They can co-exist.  You just need to configure them correctly as Office uses one method (exchange) and WLM uses either POP or IMAP.  You probably want to enable "leave a copy on server" so both protocols have the same content

I am assuming you mean Windows live mail, and not the older Live mail (from vista days)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for speedy reply (quicker then mine to you, unable to reply using IE10 had switch to Firefox12 any

thoughts).

Yes it is Windows live mail, reason for question is I need to import mail into Live Mail (will this work?)

as there doesn't appear to be any method to export from outlook that will be excepted by Live Mail.

Is there a better way to do this?

Regards

Jim.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:26 PM
  • Jim

It has been quite a few years since I used Office 2007 but AFAIK (and this site seems to support) you can export mail from office 2007 and if that is the case WLM can probably import it.

http://www.davediscovers.com/how-to-export-and-import-emails-into-outlook-2007/

Suggest you google importing mail into window live mail from office 2007.  There should be a way to do it

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:42 PM
  • Hi,

Try this:

Import Outlook PST into Windows Mail

http://blogs.technet.com/b/james/archive/2007/06/25/import-outlook-pst-into-windows-mail.aspx

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for reply but have already transferred emails using information I found
    on another forum (can't remember how I got to it?).

I loaded eM Client (free) onto the pc where Outlook 2007 is loaded then IMPORTED messages
    Into  eM Client, then EXPORTED messages from eM Client in .eml format to Windows Live Mail
    everything  appears  to have gone okay.

When loading eM client I did not have to set up account details.

I intend to remove eM Client from the pc if my son doesn't want to use it because I had
    already  loaded  Windows Live Mail on his laptop.

Just one thing before any one attempts this should know that when I inspected the registry
    to make a note of entries made by eM Client I found quite a lot? Although eM Client loaded
    correctly and has uninstall in Programs ( control panel ).
    Guess, will still have to tidy up the registry after saying that my quick look at eM Client
    could  make it an option instead of Windows Live Mail.

As any one used eM Client for their main email viewer, because I would like to know
    what  you  think of it?

Sorry for long reply but thought I put the info on an up to date message so anyone else
    having the same problem  could have another solution.
    Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:12 PM
  • The appropriate forums for discussing all issues related to MS Office, including Outlook, are found @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=officeitpro%2Cvisio2010%2Cgrooveserveritpro

Please use the MS Office forums for discussing all issues related to MS Office, including Outlook.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:47 PM