none
Same project task/Multiple location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a situation where i have a common project template in terms of tasks...this project is to be rolled out across several locations each of which have different timelines...i want to track progress of this project in a cross tab of location vs task with the data field as finish variance and % complete. Please help

Do i need to use enterpeise server for this? or is it possible in a standalone ms project??

Shiv

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Shivn747

It would be much easier if all the data was in a project server database, and thus you can aggregate data over multiple projects.  You can also do it from MS project professional, but each time you run a report you will need copies of all the various open at the same time.  Reporting will require more effort, using macros and possibly pushing data into a central location.

Anything is possible using computers, the question really is "How much effort does it take and how much time?"

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:06 PM