TellerPlus ChequeScribe micrplus.bin configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am having issue with updating the c:\program files\chequescribe I\Micrplus.bin to "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\ChequeScribe I" folder When the application is launched

I created a shortcut that take me to the dos prompt "cmd.exe" and then try to copy "c:\drivers\Mircplus.bin" on the local machine to "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\ChequeScribe I\Mircplus.bin" in the APPV bubble ...but when I open/launch the Micrplus.exe to check for printer settings - it does not update with the settings that I included in "c:\drivers\Mircplus.bin" file

any thoughts

Friday, June 24, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

•  

Sounds to me from the OP like you're trying to copy something from the local/physical filesys to the virtual filesys - but the path is the same?  (maybe I misread though - in which case you can ignore some of the below)...

Making assumptions; if you have overridden the local ChequeScribe folder (not merged), once the VFS is loaded, it won't be able to see the existing file; so you would need to merge the folder (in which case no copy is required); however merging adds small risk of undesirable effects occurring within the program itself.

The alternative is to copy the .bin file elsewhere, say during an unprotected pre-stream script; then look for and copy back once the VFS is loaded... Bit messy though.

From your later post, you would be able to copy from the physical filesys into your virtual filesys so long as you haven't already sequenced and overridden the C:\drivers folder and the Mircplus.bin file e.g.

@echo off

if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I\Micrplus.bin" copy C:\drivers\user1.bin "%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I\Micrplus.bin" /Y

start "" /D"%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I" /B "%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I\ChequeScribe.exe" ; change to whatever is required

Again, assumptions made based on details above... Wasn't quite sure whether each user has a separate source file name (i.e. %username%.bin) - so you will need to tweak the above to suit your environment.

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:16 PM

All replies

• Open your application for update in the sequencer. Start monitoring. Update the c:\program files\chequescribe I\Micrplus.bin. Stop monitoring. The sequencer will detect that c:\program files\chequescribe I\Micrplus.bin has been updated and update it in the package. You never need to copy to CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES yourself.
    Friday, June 24, 2011 4:05 PM
  • This Micrplus.bin file will be difference on every machine depend on the printer settings that is why I would like to perform the copy function.

For example:

- user1 will do "c:\drivers\user1.bin" to "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\ChequeScribe I\Mircplus.bin"

- user2 will do "c:\drivers\user1.bin" to "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\ChequeScribe I\Mircplus.bin"               

and for eachuser I already had the userX.bin file in the drivers folder preconfig for their printer settings

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:29 PM
  •  

Sounds to me from the OP like you're trying to copy something from the local/physical filesys to the virtual filesys - but the path is the same?  (maybe I misread though - in which case you can ignore some of the below)...

Making assumptions; if you have overridden the local ChequeScribe folder (not merged), once the VFS is loaded, it won't be able to see the existing file; so you would need to merge the folder (in which case no copy is required); however merging adds small risk of undesirable effects occurring within the program itself.

The alternative is to copy the .bin file elsewhere, say during an unprotected pre-stream script; then look for and copy back once the VFS is loaded... Bit messy though.

From your later post, you would be able to copy from the physical filesys into your virtual filesys so long as you haven't already sequenced and overridden the C:\drivers folder and the Mircplus.bin file e.g.

@echo off

if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I\Micrplus.bin" copy C:\drivers\user1.bin "%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I\Micrplus.bin" /Y

start "" /D"%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I" /B "%ProgramFiles%\ChequeScribe I\ChequeScribe.exe" ; change to whatever is required

Again, assumptions made based on details above... Wasn't quite sure whether each user has a separate source file name (i.e. %username%.bin) - so you will need to tweak the above to suit your environment.

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Do you have security descriptors enforced (on) for the package? If so, switch them off or either edit c:\program files\chequescribe I -directory's security rights (during sequencing!) so that the local Users -group has write rights to it. By default directories under Program Files do not have write permissions - meaning overwriting existing files or adding new ones - assigned to a standard user accounts; unless your application's installer change that by itself (it really shouldn't, really).

/Kalle

Monday, July 4, 2011 7:16 PM