none
SCSM 2016 Portal Version RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install UR 2 for the SCSM 2016 portal. I keep getting this error though when I run the installer:

I'm trying to check the version of the portal to make sure that I can update the current version it's on.

Thank you,

Gary Winhoven

Friday, June 2, 2017 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Whether the self service portal is installed with the service manager 2016 setup wizard? Whether the portal work well before you the installation of UR2?

Would you please follow the link below to install the self service portal on another server and then instal the UR2 and check the result?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scsm/deploy-self-service-portal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Glen.Xapity Monday, June 5, 2017 8:56 PM
    Monday, June 5, 2017 8:19 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your response, but it turns out someone before me installed Portal 2012 on accident instead of 2016 so the UR wasn't compatible with it.

UR2 and 3 were able to install flawlessly once I uninstalled 2012 and installed 2016.

Thanks for the help! 

• Proposed as answer by Glen.Xapity Monday, June 5, 2017 8:56 PM
    Monday, June 5, 2017 4:24 PM
  • Hello Gary, 

Would you please help to mark the reply as answer as it seems like that the issue has been resolved. It would be better for others to find the answer.

Regards,

Yan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:59 AM