Using search folders with shared mailbox not possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Our users have full access to a shared mailbox, which shows up in their Outlook desktop client. I can see two search folders I previously created.

But when I right click and try to create a new, it will ask which account, and only my personal account is possible to select.

I tried signing in to the shared mailbox account on outlook.office365.com - but the online Outlook doesn have search folders at all?
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, February 1, 2019 1:34 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi JamesWmo,

As far as I know, we can’t create Search Folders directly in OWA. Search Folders must be created in Outlook.

According to my research, to create search folder for shared mailbox, we should add shared mailbox as a second account in the profile. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Go to File > Account settings > choose Change Profile.

2. Outlook will close; click on your Outlook shortcut to reopen it.

3. Click New

4. Enter the shared mailbox email address in the address field. Click Connect

5. When the Enter password dialog opens, click the Sign in with another account link

6. Enter your email address. click Next

7. Enter your password. Click Sign in

8. After the wizard finishes, open Outlook using this profile.

On similar thread for your reference: Search folders in shared mailboxes

You can also refer to the steps in this article.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, February 4, 2019 5:36 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 1:34 AM
  • Hi JamesWmo,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 4, 2019 7:21 AM