Word 2010 no longer saves Comment bubbles (markups) when saving as a PDF RRS feed

• Question

• When I have a Word 2010 file that has comment bubbles in the margins, I will often save the file as a PDF document before sending it to my students to view. The PDF version keeps the formatting and review markups of the original Word file. Word 2010 has always let me do this so long as I go into File>Save As>Select PDF> and under Options, select "Document Showing Markup." My file saves as PDF, and my students are able to view and see the comment bubbles that I have for them in the margins. Something has changed this week. I can no longer save the files and show all of the commented markups in Adobe XI. The files I commented on last week and saved as PDF's all still work in Adobe XI; they show the comments just like they always have. But something this week has changed. I don't know if Word had an update or what, but suddenly, the commented boxes are no longer showing up when you Save As PDF. I should emphasize that not all of the markups are missing from the PDF, only those markups that would appear in the comment bubbles in the margins.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:12 PM

Answers

• Hi

Since the problem didn't occur several weeks ago, we recommend you do a repair for Office in Control panel>Program and features>Office 2010>Change>Repair.

Have you installed the sep 12th updates? If so, remove it to see if it helps:

Go to Control panel>Program and features>View installed updates then uninstall certain updates.

If the issue persists, we recommend you recover your system to a recent point that the issue did not occur.

Regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by TylorWang Friday, October 4, 2013 1:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Monday, October 7, 2013 2:32 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:11 AM