WHERE ARE THE ADD-ONS in the Internet Explorer Gallery?!?!?!? RRS feed

• Question

• It's becoming widely known that Microsoft, in its infinitesimal wisdom, recently "enhanced" the IE Gallery, which used to hold dozens of useful add-ons. Now many favorites such as Map with Google Maps and Translate with Google Translate are gone. And on top of that, the buttons to provide feedback are broken (They return javascript:void(0);).

Really, if I didn't know better, I would think Microsoft was trying to intentionally antagonize its users, but I think even Microsoft isn't that dense. Surely this must be a mistake. If someone from Microsoft who actually gives a sh*t about the users is reading this, please tell whomever that is responsible for this screw up to fix it.

Friday, April 8, 2016 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi bimmerdriver,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that why these add-ons previous existed not work in IE gallery?

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Friday, April 15, 2016 7:06 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 12:08 PM
  • Sorry for the delay to respond. I've been travelling. It's not that the add-ons don't work anymore, it's that they are GONE! Someone in Microsoft in their infinite inconsideration removed them. This is common knowledge and people all over are complaining about it and cursing Microsoft for it's inconsideration. To see for yourself, take a look at Internet Explorer Gallery. This website used to have dozens of useful add-ons, including google maps and google translate. While you are there, try the feedback mechanism, which returns javascript:void(0);.
    Sunday, April 24, 2016 5:37 PM
  • OK, I will help you feedback this issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:17 AM
  • Thank you for the help. Is there an update on this?
    Saturday, May 7, 2016 4:04 PM
  • I'm wondering if you have any idea why the add-ons are gone. I'm stuck on windows 7 on this computer so I still use IE11. It would be nice to have the add-ons back. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:05 PM
  • 2018 now and Windows continues the practice of leaving Google off the selection pages. I have found that the better browser is Firefox.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

Google have their own landing page to install their Search Provider OSD's. They have geo and language dependent uri's that are installed normally when you install the GTB.

go to

https://www.google.com/homepage/search/sp-ie.html and click the "Make google my default search engine".

https://www.google.com/homepage/search/js/google.xml  is the OSD location.

tip: turn off search suggestions for Search Providers in your browsers to stop address bar typing issues.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:18 PM
  • No Help at all

Tech

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:44 PM
  • No help at all.

Tech

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:44 PM
  • I want an answer on this also!!

and I want the Add-ons put back and the links fixed. for example the feedback button

Tech

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:46 PM
  • I would like an answer also

Tech

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:47 PM
  • tyvm. think I will also be switching to a different OS as well as a new browser

I've also redubbed Microsoft as Microsucks

Tech

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:48 PM