none
SCCM - Available application installing automatically for a few PCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have packaged up Office 2013 as an application and have added Office 2010 as a superseded application. After reading on here, I was able to un-tick the box that states "automatically upgrade any superseded versions of this application" so that it is available and only installs /upgrades when the user clicks "Install" in software center.

It has been going really well but out of 150 computers, 6 automatically uninstalled Office 2010 and installed Office 2013 without the user clicking install at random times over the past couple of days.

I have checked the following logs but it doesn't show why it started the uninstall / re-install. It started the process at 18:00

AppDiscovery.log

(Larger screenshot)

AppIntentEval.log

(Larger Screenshot)

CAS.Log

(Larger Screenshot)

AppEnfroce.log

(Larger Screenshot)

Does anyone have any advice?

Friday, March 11, 2016 1:08 PM

All replies

• The easier route would be to use the OCT and select the option to remove any previously installed versions of the application.  For your direct question, that needs to be a required install to do automatic.  Otherwise, it would be on-demand.

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

Friday, March 11, 2016 4:40 PM
  • Hi Jacob,

Sorry, I didn't give enough information to begin with. I am upgrading from Microsoft Office Professional 2010 to Office 365 ProPlus 2013 using the Click-to-run installer. This doesn't have an option to uninstall previous versions unfortunately so superseedence is the option I went with.

The issue I have is that I have made the deployment available but on some PCs it is still uninstall / installing automatically. Above are the logs and I can't see what is triggering the uninstall / installing. There are some posts on the forum about superseedence having this affect but the workaround is to deploy to the collection first, then add the superseedence afterwards, this then deselects the tick box "automatically upgrade any superseded versions of this application" shown in the screenshot above.

Thanks for your time.

Chris

Monday, March 14, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Is your superseded Office 2010 app included in an available task sequence to those affected systems?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/umairkhan/archive/2014/03/08/configmgr-2012-application-supersedence-behavior-with-task-sequence-deployments.aspx

Also, sounds like you've already checked this part, but I wanted to include this link about controlling app supersedence in case you haven't seen it:

http://foxdeploy.com/2016/01/21/sccm-controlling-application-supersedence/

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:54 PM