Taskbar gets narrow automatically RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 7 RC, when the taskbar is on the right side of the screen, and I drag it wider, it returns to the original width automatically sometimes. Here is the steps to reproduce this:

Preparation: Unlock the taskbar if it is locked. Drag the taskbar to the right side of the screen (or use the taskbar properties dialog to set it to the right). Drag the left border of the taskbar and make it wider than the original size. Then set the taskbar to AUTO HIDE and lock the toolbar.

Then the taskbar width will return back to the original size at certain circumstances. For example, Pick up any exe program, right click it and set the compability settings to "Disable desktop composition". Start this exe, and when the aero is disabled, the taskbar width returns.

This only happens when the taskbar is on the right side of the screen and is set to auto-hide. It does not happen to the height of the taskbar when it is on the bottom.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 4:38 AM

Answers

All replies

•  You should send feedback on this if that is available at your beta participation level.. The Misc. forum in this group has a 'comments' thread. You can add your experience, to help the dev team identify problems.

Have Comments about Windows 7 RC? (Part 3 - Do not post questions in this thread)

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:03 PM
  • I posted a reply on the thread you mentioned.
    I was not able to find something like a "feedback" link on the windows 7 web pages... So if I found some bugs, is it the best way to report it in that thread?
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:13 AM
  • I have seen this also with the taskbar on the bottom.

I like to have the taskbar three "bars" high, with the bottom "bar" taken up with the address bar and the quicklaunch bar.  This leaves the other two "barrs" worth for plenty of room for full icons.

In Windows 7/Server08R2, and even Vista/Server08, The taskbar drops to only two "bars" high for every logon.

Very annoying.
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:28 AM