how can i lock my pc? RRS feed

• Question

• i've try to get help from other people but nobody seems to know?  please help i need to lock my pc can u show me how?

Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We have three ways to help you lock the PC.

1. Click "Start" button, then choose "lock" as the picture below.

2. Click "ALT + Ctrl + Delete", then choose "Lock this computer".

3. Press "Windows" key + "L" at the same time.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 3:22 AM

All replies

• You've posted to a forum which supoprts microsofts SQL Server Reporting Services and Power View products.

This is not a general windows support forum.

However, the standard shortcut for locking your PC (assuming you want to lock your PC requiring you to re-enter your password to unlock it) is windows+L

Press and hold the windows key (Usually found between CTRL and ALT) and then press L.

Don't forget to mark helpful posts, and answers. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Enjoyed my post? Hit the up arrow (left)
    Really enjoyed it? See my profile!
    My Tech Net Articles.

• Proposed as answer by JJordheim Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:37 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:08 PM
  • Hi lilly,

Since the issue is related to Windows client, I will help you move the thread to Windows 7 forum.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 8, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Hi,

We have three ways to help you lock the PC.

1. Click "Start" button, then choose "lock" as the picture below.

2. Click "ALT + Ctrl + Delete", then choose "Lock this computer".

3. Press "Windows" key + "L" at the same time.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Simon

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:41 AM