none
All DPM Agents cannot be contacted after a domain controller is rebooted. ID: 3122 & ID: 300 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have 2 DPM servers installed in a domain with 2 Domain Controllers.  This week we have experienced an issue where one of the DCs was rebooted after patching and all the protection agents generated the following alert:

"The DPM protection agent on FQDN.OF.SERVER could not be contacted. Subsequent protection activities for this computer may fail if the connection is not established. The attempted contact failed for the follow reason: (ID: 3122)

The protection agent operation failed because it could not commnuicate with FQDN.OF.SERVER. (ID:300)"

The domain controllers were fine with no unexpected errors, but I am a little confused as to why ALL agents alerted instead of using the other active DC for any AD communication.

These alerts did self heal after 30 minutes, but I would much rather they didn't alert or generate any noise in the first place.

Any ideas?

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi

Self heal, is that when your AD replication is back again?

Is your DPM server installed on a domain controller at all? Do you have any static entries that point only to the one DC?

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:51 PM