none
Shared computers using domain accounts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to setup a number of computers that will be used by various users.  We want the users to be able to login to the computers using their Active Directory accounts but all I'm finding for direction seems to indicate we need to be using temporary accounts, or am I miss-reading this?

Following directions found in Intune I'm setting up a Shared Desktop Device Configuration profile but I'm stuck at Guest account and Account management.  Surely there's a way to have a computer managed by Intune that doesn't require the computer to be assigned to a specific user?

I've tried configuring an answer file for installing Office Pro Plus in shared mode and applied it to a non-domain joined computer.  When I launched Outlook it asked me for my user name and password and then I found the computer was joined to AAD and registered to my user account.  Not what I want.

How do I make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:09 PM

All replies

• You can use the Windows Autopilot Self-Deploying mode. Self-deploying mode is designed to deploy Windows 10 as a kiosk, digital signage device, or a shared device. When setting up a kiosk, you can leverage the new Kiosk Browser, an app built on Microsoft Edge that can be used to create a tailored, MDM-managed browsing experience. When combined with MDM policies to create a local account and configure it to automatically log on, the complete configuration of the device can be automated. Find out more about these options by reading simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10. See Set up a kiosk or digital sign in Intune or other MDM service for additional details.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-autopilot/self-deploying

Best regards,

Cici Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 7:13 AM
  • I am just writing to follow up to see whether this issue has been resolved or any update. 

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know. 

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Cici Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:21 AM