none
Percentage complete RRS feed

• Question

• I have experienced that MS project, only in a couple of tasks, dont let me change the % complete (or finished, i have a Norwegian version). In one of the tasks, it shows only 0%, even if I enter 95%, the other one shows 18% when I enter 25%... Does anyone know why this happens?

RGDS 

Monica

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:26 PM

All replies

• Monica,

First of all, is your installation of Project updated with the latest Public Updates? If not, please update it.

Are the tasks you are trying to update summary lines? How exactly are you updating the tasks? If you provide a screen shot that might help us figure out what's going on. If you are unable to provide a screen shot (not yet verified), then a more detailed description of the tasks in question would be helpful.

John

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:52 PM
  • 
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Hi, i don't know if I have the latest version of MS project uploaded.

But I know its not a summary task, it is the black-marked field that im trying to update, but it dont allow me to :(

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 5:25 PM
  • Monica,

You haven't told us which version of Project you are using (e.g. Project 2007, Project 2010, Project 2013, Project 2016, Project Online) and whether it is part of a Project Server environment. As far as having the latest updates I'm not sure if the Norwegian version tracks with the English version but you can check the version number by going to File/Help and hitting the "Additional Version and Copyright Information" (whatever that translates to in Norwegian). The version number will appear at the top of the About Microsoft Project window.

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to change the Percent Complete field but you could try the following. First save the file. Then delete the task and re-enter it. Can you now update the percent complete?

John
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

I indeed think that you are working with Project Server, which has a setting restricting the input of all Actuals data to Timesheet data coming from the server.

Greetings,

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:20 PM