none
DPM protection issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

we are using DPM2010, backup data using backup tape and using short-term protection type. when i going to create a protection group, i select some servers, including exchange server. but after that when i go to monitor-scheduled job it's only exchange server be listed there. all the other servers are not in the list, please kindly advise? thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Jacky,

In the Monitoring part of the console your able to work with filters that will filter the information your asking for. If you choose to group by status and choose filter Today's jobs you'll see all the jobs that your DPM server will have during the day.

Please note that there are two different backup-schedules regarding Windows Applications (SQL, ShaprePoint etc.) and file. If you have created a backupschedule for Applications that occurs everyday but for file only once per week you won't see the file backups.

Best Regards

Robert Hedblom

MVP DPM

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi:

any body can help about the protection groups issue. when i select normally server (server A) and exchange2010 server inside the same protection group. after that, when i go to monitor-scheduled job it's either only exchange2010 server or server A be listed there. exchange2010 and server A can not be listed at the same time. i have to create different protection for normally server A and exchange2010, then in the monitor-scheduled job will see both of them be listed.  how come it like this? or it's just a design by microsoft?

Monday, December 26, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Hi:

Anybody can help me on this thanks

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Hi:

is there any advise from somebody , thanks

Thursday, January 5, 2012 3:23 AM
  • Hi:

long time no update here, is there anybody can help? thanks

Friday, January 6, 2012 1:27 AM
  • Hi:

is this microsoft support qulity? such a quite long time no upates?

Sunday, January 8, 2012 12:33 PM