Fatal System Error RRS feed

• Question

• I accidentaly terminated the winlogon.exe process. I was trying to get "Internet Security 2010"(fake program) off of my computer and I was doing it manually reading instructions. Now my pc will not do anything. It just says "
    STOP:0x000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Windows logon Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000) the system has been shut down.". I cannot get past this. how do I get the process back?
     I cannot go into Safe Mode, last known good configuration doesnt work!! Every time it tries to go to the login it goes to the fatal system error

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:44 AM

All replies

• Have you tried a Startup repair?

If not, boot from the DVD, press any key when asked to. Answer a few questions regarding language, time/currency and keyboard and bottom left is Repair. Select Repair then select the OS to repair. The choices are Startup Repair, System Restore, Backup Restore, Memory Test and Command Prompt.

Firstly, choose Startup Repair.

If it doesn’t work, boot from the DVD again and choose Repair > Command Prompt then type chkdsk /r and press Enter.

If it still doesn’t work, boot from the DVD again and choose Repair > Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:00 PM