Exchange server Issue OS issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a exchange server 2019. Recently i got a problem with exchange server(OS). i am planning to install another exchange server and link the previous exchange server. Would that help? If so please help how to? or will I loose any data?

TIA

Harsha

Friday, June 14, 2019 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean that you could open ECP successfully, however you cannot login it?

I would suggest you run "IISReset" in CMD with administrator privileges, then check it again.

If you still cannot login it, try to check ECP's authentication methods, does it same to your OWA's authentication :

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:30 AM

All replies

• You mean you want to run the setup with the /RecoverServer switch?

Yes it can be done, the settings will be retained in AD and the server will be back in production. you will need to attach the disks again and point your stores.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 14, 2019 5:56 PM
  • Hi Edward,

I have followed the below steps.But, No luck.

1)disabled the old exchange

2)Created the new server with the same host name and provided same configuration(RAM,CPU and Hard disk)

3)Installed prerequisites(UCM and redistributable packages),

Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-ADDS

Install-WindowsFeature Server-Media-Foundation, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation, RSAT-ADDS

4)ran the line setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerlicenseTerms /Mode:RecoverServer

Exchange server got installed but im unable to login in ecp.

Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:17 AM
  • Hi there

Yes in the Recover a lost exchange server section. You basically need to shutdown the VM if it is one and then build a new one with the same name, reset the computer object in AD, join the machine with the same name to AD, install the prereqs for Exchange and run the setup as follows:

E:\Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /Mode:RecoverServer

Remember to replace the drive letter E:\ with yours

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:34 AM
  • I have followed the same steps.But, No luck.

Harsha

Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:18 AM
  • I have followed the same steps.But, No luck.

Harsha

Do you mean that you have recover old Exchange server on a computer successfully, however administrator still cannot login ECP?

If so, what is the error message? 

Please note: Recover just copy configuration from old server to new server, it will not repair wrong configuration. If you cannot login ECP before, it is a normal behavior that you cannot login ECP on new server. 

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:18 AM
  • I have recovered the server. But im unable to login with administrator account(User Name or password is incorrect). I did Password reset also. I am able to login ECP previously.

Harsha

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you could open ECP successfully, however you cannot login it?

I would suggest you run "IISReset" in CMD with administrator privileges, then check it again.

If you still cannot login it, try to check ECP's authentication methods, does it same to your OWA's authentication :

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Any update about this thread now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:28 AM