Default filter memeber selection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have report (datasource :: cube) which has been deployed to preview site from PPS 2007, which has got like 3 filters like years,state,prod

i just want some default selection to be done whenever i look the report though the browser,

This is what i have tried :: while creating filter in pps,in selection of members --> i have right click selection as default selected,and linked it to the report,but when i deploy it into preview site it is considering some other value(ALL) as defualt which i dont want to be ,,,,,in all the 3 filters which i have in the report.

2) my datasource is a cube so in the properties of attribute i have selected the default member which i want and processed,and went back to pps and when i see in the hierarchy it shows me the value i have selected,but when i use that attribute in filter and deploy to preview site it does takes the defulat value i have selected.

please suggest me , how to do this,Thank you all.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:11 PM

Answers

• That is right. You would need to right click the member and set it to 'default' when designing filter.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:14 PM

All replies

• The browser is storing the selection, i have even tried to remove the cookies and history,but doesnt help me, and if i select 2009 in years filter,actually im using the years filter in another report ,so when i go back to the 2nd report where im using the years filter the slection will be 2009,but i need every where to be defualt selection when ever i open my browser , and also if i wont select anything then it should be the default selection which i need to be

Thankyou all

Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:16 PM
  • PPS 2007 retains the last selected value in filters even if you close and reopen the dashboard which might be the case here.

Here is a method to set PPS to always use default values:

Always Display Default Filter Selection in Dashboards

• Edited by Umair.Khan Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:20 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:20 PM
  • hi Umair,

First of all thankyou so much for replying,after truncating the entries from the parametervalues table of mine(i havent did that truncation yet ) and modifying,  after that if i select the member as a default selection while creating the filter in pps will that show me the default selected value for the filter in preview site,,,could you please reply me what should be  the next step to set the default values

is it ,,,while creating the filter in pps i will select the members for that attribute or hierarchy and set any one as defualt selected by right click on the member,is this what i have to do

or

anyother ,please suggest me,thankyou.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:09 PM
  • That is right. You would need to right click the member and set it to 'default' when designing filter.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Thankyou Umair.
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:30 PM