none
Can't find the policy (or maybe reg entry)

Question

• Does anyone know where the policy is for a 2012 R2 server in order to gray out this setting for the taskbar properties, "Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar"

Thursday, July 02, 2015 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Willmeister,

Read this blog, Managing the Store app pin to the Taskbar added in the Windows 8.1 Update

GP to control the Store icon pin has shipped in the August 2014 update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2975719/. If you want to control the Store icon pinned to the taskbar be sure to install the August 2014 update on all the targeted machines.

You can now have the Store disabled and the Store Icon removed via GP, or leave the Store enabled but remove the Store Icon pinned to the taskbar if that is what you need.

The new GP is named: “Do not allow pinning Store app to the Taskbar”  

The full path to the new GP is: “User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\Do not allow pinning Store app to the Taskbar”

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, July 03, 2015 5:41 AM
  • Im looking very specifically for a way to gray out that option.  while the above works to disable the store, it does not gray out that specific option.  unless it's tied to having the desktop experience roll installed perhaps?

In fact it is. The picture above is from an environment where DE is installed, and that option detailed in your link for kb2975719 is available:

Do not allow pinning Store app to the Taskbar

However where it doesnt exist although that patch is installed is this other rds environment where i cant gray it out, do not allow pinning...is not an option in gpo.

• Edited by Willmeister Friday, July 03, 2015 9:04 AM update
    • Marked as answer by Willmeister Friday, July 03, 2015 9:04 AM
    Friday, July 03, 2015 8:23 AM

All replies

• hiii,

Find out the group policy for window server 2012 R2 by referring this technet blog:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn265969.aspx

Regards.

If you find my contribution useful then please do mark as an answer or vote as helpful.

Friday, July 03, 2015 5:23 AM
  • Hi Willmeister,

Read this blog, Managing the Store app pin to the Taskbar added in the Windows 8.1 Update

GP to control the Store icon pin has shipped in the August 2014 update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2975719/. If you want to control the Store icon pinned to the taskbar be sure to install the August 2014 update on all the targeted machines.

You can now have the Store disabled and the Store Icon removed via GP, or leave the Store enabled but remove the Store Icon pinned to the taskbar if that is what you need.

The new GP is named: “Do not allow pinning Store app to the Taskbar”  

The full path to the new GP is: “User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\Do not allow pinning Store app to the Taskbar”

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, July 03, 2015 5:41 AM
  • Im looking very specifically for a way to gray out that option.  while the above works to disable the store, it does not gray out that specific option.  unless it's tied to having the desktop experience roll installed perhaps?

In fact it is. The picture above is from an environment where DE is installed, and that option detailed in your link for kb2975719 is available:

Do not allow pinning Store app to the Taskbar

However where it doesnt exist although that patch is installed is this other rds environment where i cant gray it out, do not allow pinning...is not an option in gpo.

• Edited by Willmeister Friday, July 03, 2015 9:04 AM update
    • Marked as answer by Willmeister Friday, July 03, 2015 9:04 AM
    Friday, July 03, 2015 8:23 AM
  • dont think this is possible, you could try regshot before and after and compare any reg modification. Might help , no promises :)
    Friday, July 03, 2015 8:40 AM