LYNC 2010 Enterprise Voice RRS feed

• Question

• We have deployed LYNC mediation servers without Edge association ( we have OCS edge servers, not LYNC edge servers).

Both incoming and outgoing calls are working great, however when we initiated LYNC voice call from LYNC mobile, the mobile is getting call from LYNC DID number instead of calling outgoing number.

For example, I have LYNC DID number: 1-234-567-8901 and my mobile number is 1-456-789-0123

When i call 1-789-012-3456 from my LYNC mobile, i am getting the below message in my LYNC mobile 

"connecting to 17890123456 ( external phone) . Please wait for Lync to call you at +14567890123 ( my mobile number)"

and getting call on my cell phone from 1-234-567-8901 ( LYNC DID number). When i accept call on my mobile, it's getting disconnecting.

I am not sure why LYNC mobile calls are not going out to designated number and routing to my mobile number.

Any help to resolve this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tek-Nerd

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:47 PM

Answers

• In Lync 2010, mobility calls work this way as there is no true VoIP until 2013.  You make a call with mobility, Lync will call you first (using your Lync DID, this is normal as the incoming call is not from called party as they're not connected yet), then it will dial and connect the call with the called party.  The called party sees your Lync DID.  Your mobile phone does not just make an outbound call as it would not necessarily be able to spoof your Lync DID to make this work (potentially technically or legally).

With Lync 2013 mobility, you can make outbound VoIP calls directly using you data signal.

As to why the calls are disconnected, that's another issue that could be a trunking issue or something deeper.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Proposed as answer by Santosh_More Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:31 AM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Hi,

In Lync Server 2010, Call via work is a features that allows a mobile user to make and receive calls on a mobile phone by using a work phone number instead of the mobile phone number. This feature prevents the called party from seeing the caller's mobile phone number and allows a user to avoid outbound calling charges, which is a good features for the protect privacy information and saving call costs.

Here is a good blog article talking about Call Via Work for your reference.

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2011/12/15/why-lync-mobile-call-via-work-makes-sense/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Lync Server 2013 supports user from making voice over IP (VoIP) calls using the mobile device. Lync server 2013 use Edge server to through lync mobile Media traffic.

For troubleshooting the issue, please make sure users has been assigned a voice policy that has the Enable simultaneous ringing of phones option selected and a mobility policy that has the EnableMobility option set to True.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:24 AM

All replies

• In Lync 2010, mobility calls work this way as there is no true VoIP until 2013.  You make a call with mobility, Lync will call you first (using your Lync DID, this is normal as the incoming call is not from called party as they're not connected yet), then it will dial and connect the call with the called party.  The called party sees your Lync DID.  Your mobile phone does not just make an outbound call as it would not necessarily be able to spoof your Lync DID to make this work (potentially technically or legally).

With Lync 2013 mobility, you can make outbound VoIP calls directly using you data signal.

As to why the calls are disconnected, that's another issue that could be a trunking issue or something deeper.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Proposed as answer by Santosh_More Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:12 AM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Thank You Anthony.

Tek-Nerd

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

In Lync Server 2010, Call via work is a features that allows a mobile user to make and receive calls on a mobile phone by using a work phone number instead of the mobile phone number. This feature prevents the called party from seeing the caller's mobile phone number and allows a user to avoid outbound calling charges, which is a good features for the protect privacy information and saving call costs.

Here is a good blog article talking about Call Via Work for your reference.

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2011/12/15/why-lync-mobile-call-via-work-makes-sense/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Lync Server 2013 supports user from making voice over IP (VoIP) calls using the mobile device. Lync server 2013 use Edge server to through lync mobile Media traffic.

For troubleshooting the issue, please make sure users has been assigned a voice policy that has the Enable simultaneous ringing of phones option selected and a mobility policy that has the EnableMobility option set to True.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:24 AM