Site Server not showing as client in Devices. RRS feed

• Question

• I know the client software is installed by going to the control panel and seeing Configuration Manager, the console shows the push info as Complete. I have tried uninstalling the client and reinstalling with no success. I have checked DNS and everything is good. I think what the problem is, I accidentilly deleted a group of computers from the console, all but the site server came back correctly, I think there is an error when i use the AD system discovery method. Is there a way to delete the Data discovery record so the hardware ids match up this time? If I can do that I bet when auto discovery find the object in AD it will assign the record the correct hardware Id.

Thanks,

Nick

Friday, June 22, 2012 3:59 PM

All replies

• have you checked the clientidstartupmanager.log file on the client and verified that the registration is ok?

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Friday, June 22, 2012 4:45 PM
  • Hello-

Yeah I think that is the problem. I looked at the icon in the console and hit properties and the record does not have a Hardware id or any of the configuration manager values. How can I force a re-register?

Thanks!

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Hey Turbostud1,

You can force a registration by restarting ccmexec on the client. It will try to register again if it has not.

But it looks like the client has not registered yet. As Kent mentioned, can you please take a look at the ClientIDStartupManager.log? This will help in troubleshooting further.

Moiz

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:53 PM
  • Hi

Gonna do it now. Also I don't see 'ClientIDStartupManager.log' but I have this file, ClientIDManagerStartup.Log, it is located in 'C:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\Logs\'

I got to leave soon, but hopefully we can keep this thread open for Monday, if I can't figure this out!

I just noticed I am get this error so maybe that is a reason, 'MP Control Manager detected management point is not responding to HTTP requests.  The HTTP status code and text is 500, Internal Server Error.'

Thanks!

Friday, June 22, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Hey Turbostud1,

Yup that is the one. Sorry got mixed up in the name. It is ClientIDManagerStartup.log.

"MP Control Manager detected management point is not responding to HTTP requests." Yes that is very likely the problem.

MP is having problems so the clients are not able to register. Can you check ccmexec log on MP?

Moiz

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:02 PM
  • --------------------

Client Configuration Manager cannot find machine "MANDALOR" on the network. The operating system reported error 53: The network path was not found.

Possible cause: The client is offline.
    Solution: Verify that the client is connected to the network.

--------------------

I am getting this error in the warning logs on the site server, funny thing is mandalor is the site server, so how can i not find itself, DNS is working perfect. I also see this error:

--------------------

In the past 168 hours, Client Configuration Manager has made 59 unsuccessful attempts to install the ConfigMgr client "MANDALOR". CCM will continue to attempt to install this client. The operating system reported error 53: The network path was not found.

Possible cause: The client is not accessible.
    Solution: Verify that the client is connected to the network and that the site server computer account or (if specified) the Client Push Installation account have the required privileges, as specified in the ConfigMgr Documentation.

--------------------

This all started when I deleted a custom device collection.

Monday, June 25, 2012 2:50 AM
  • That's neither ccmexec.log nor ClientIDManagerStartup.log as Moiz requested.
    That error message just tells you that client push installation did not succeed for machine mandalor, because of error 53 (which is self explanatory).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Not sure what you want me to look for in those files. Last entry about MANDALORE's client install was a couple days ago. Unless you want me to copy/paste? Last entry for ClientIDManagerStartup.log and ccmexec.log was 6/22.

Nick

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Was hoping to still get help on this. Thanks.

Monday, June 25, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Do you see any errors in CLientIDManagerStartup.log? Can you look for the lines "sending registration request" and check after that whether it registered or what error it gave. If there was an error, can you check the ccmmessaging.log for any error at the time you see the error in ClientIDManagerStartup.log?

Thanks,

Moiz

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:42 PM
  • <![LOG[[RegTask] - On co-located client and site role. Posting async registration task.]LOG]!><time="16:31:53.503+420" date="06-25-2012" component="ClientIDManagerStartup" context="" type="1" thread="6136" file="regtask.cpp:890">
    <![LOG[[RegTask] - Client is already registered. Exiting.]LOG]!><time="16:31:53.553+420" date="06-25-2012" component="ClientIDManagerStartup" context="" type="1" thread="6136" file="regtask.cpp:792">

This is all I see.

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:34 PM