Setting an MS Access Client server App into a Virtual APP RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Client/server Application written in MS Access and I am looking for a way to Provide a demo capability using virtual environments that could be loaded on a desktop as opposed to having to install the application on potential client desktops.

Is there a way to package an installation into a downloadable application that will run on any windows environment and What would I need to create it?

I got the idea from looking at VMWare Virtual Applications/machines. I would rather stay with Microsoft technology in our design but I need a pointer in the right direction as to the software required.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As App-v needs a license-agreement that includes SA with MDOP for the workstations you will deploy it to I see some complications. It also needs a client as a pre-requisite....

VMware thinapp sounds like a better shoot at this from a licensing and technical perspective, but depending on what agreements and technical capabilities you have - there might be others.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, May 1, 2010 10:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:46 PM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 8:13 AM