none
SSTP - Connection ended only on some Windows 7 clients RRS feed

• Question

• We have a number of users from a third party company who require access to our network using UAG and SSTP - the PCs they are using were all built using a company image of Windows 7. When they connect to the portal and click on the SSTP they immediately get the Connection ended bubble. We also have lots of other users who use SSTP on Windows 7 clients on the same portal with no issues - so SSTP appears to be set up correctly.

Does anyone know what could be causing these particular PCs to fail with SSTP. Could it be a service on the client PC that is not running that is causing the failure?

Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi mb037,

Are you sure the issue is on the machine and not the user credentials?

Did you try authenticate with a user that does not fail, on the machine that fail and confirm same user can access from one machine and not the other (and vise versa - failed user not fail from working machine) ?

Also, when you get the failure, do you have any event in the client OS application or system log? Also check the same on the server side.

Ophir.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:15 PM
  • I would check certs.  Is the cert on the UAG server from your own PKI?  If so, make sure that the client PC's trust it by putting the site certificate in the local computers 'Trusted root certification authorities' store.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hi Ophir,

Thanks for that suggestion. I have tried the user credentials that failed,  on a different machine and SSTP worked fine. I haven't yet tried another set of user credentials on the machine that failed - I will do this as well.

There was no entry in the server logs and I will need to ask the user to check the remote machine logs.

Thanks.

mb037

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:57 PM
  • Hi TKroukamp,

The portal certificate is an extended validation certificate from Verisign. We have a large number  of different users from all over the world connecting and using the portal and applications - but this set of users, who all have the same corporate build of Windows 7 32-bit client are the only ones with this issue.

Perhaps there is something not running or configured that is causing this issue.

Thanks.

mb037

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:02 PM