i keep getting monitor going into sleep mode

then blue screen then it dumps

resets

starts all over

how do i fix

Monday, November 17, 2008 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi

To troubleshoot blue screen crash issues requires that debugging be performed on the crashed systems memory dump files. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in this forum.

A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Suppor (CSS) at the following location.

Vista Support Options:
    https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=11732

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Monday, November 17, 2008 8:37 PM
  • Hi,

As Ronnie suggestion, please contact our Customer Support Service to get more troubleshooting help.

At same time, I would like to share following information with you:

What is the blue screen stop?

Generally speaking, this should actually be a blue screen stop issue or stop error issue. Windows 2000 and later (including Windows Vista) uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space. The blue screen stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

To be more specific, the system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services, etc.), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista act similarly when kernel mode crash problem occurs.

How to troubleshoot the blue screen stop problem?

To solid troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump and analyze the related source code if needed. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Thanks.

Friday, November 21, 2008 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi

To troubleshoot blue screen crash issues requires that debugging be performed on the crashed systems memory dump files. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in this forum.

A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Suppor (CSS) at the following location.

Vista Support Options:
    https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=11732

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Monday, November 17, 2008 8:37 PM
  • the same problem for my laptop computer.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:29 AM
  • John

Same answer.

See my previous post.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:36 AM
  • hello all I have been talking to HP they tell me update your drivers for your video card if that dont work its the video card itself.........

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:45 PM
  • Hi,

As Ronnie suggestion, please contact our Customer Support Service to get more troubleshooting help.

At same time, I would like to share following information with you:

What is the blue screen stop?

Generally speaking, this should actually be a blue screen stop issue or stop error issue. Windows 2000 and later (including Windows Vista) uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space. The blue screen stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

To be more specific, the system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services, etc.), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista act similarly when kernel mode crash problem occurs.

How to troubleshoot the blue screen stop problem?

To solid troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump and analyze the related source code if needed. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Thanks.

Friday, November 21, 2008 7:56 AM