Connecting an Existing Schedule to a Project in Project Online 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project plan that has been started outside of the Project Online 2013 system but I want to create this project in the software within an EPT that is connected to a workflow and connect that existing schedule to this project. How can I do that?

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'd suggest to open MS Project connected to Project Online, open the local schedule (MPP file) and save it to Project Online. You'll have of course to fill out all mandatory custom fields. This will save the project in Project Online associated with the default EPT.

If you need to change the project's EPT and eventually pitch it into a specific workflow stage, go to server settings, "change or restart workflows", select the default EPT, select your project in the source list and add it to the target list, select the destination EPT with the appropriate WF stage and validate. 

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Hello,

Connect Project Pro to the Project Online instance, open the MPP file then save this to the Project Online with the correct name etc. At this point it will use the default EPT. If you need to change the EPT, from the Project Center select the project row on the grid then click the Change Project Type button on the ribbon and select the correct EPT. Admins can also do this on the PWA Settings > Change or Restart Workflows page.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'd suggest to open MS Project connected to Project Online, open the local schedule (MPP file) and save it to Project Online. You'll have of course to fill out all mandatory custom fields. This will save the project in Project Online associated with the default EPT.

If you need to change the project's EPT and eventually pitch it into a specific workflow stage, go to server settings, "change or restart workflows", select the default EPT, select your project in the source list and add it to the target list, select the destination EPT with the appropriate WF stage and validate. 

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Hello,

Connect Project Pro to the Project Online instance, open the MPP file then save this to the Project Online with the correct name etc. At this point it will use the default EPT. If you need to change the EPT, from the Project Center select the project row on the grid then click the Change Project Type button on the ribbon and select the correct EPT. Admins can also do this on the PWA Settings > Change or Restart Workflows page.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:34 PM