Want to create a shared calendar group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create a calendar group that will be shared, but only 4 users will have full access. The rest will only  have read only. I have been researching this and found that I can create a user, where the user account with be disabled, but calendar can be used. Is this correct? I am stuck on how to implement this any further, or if I am going in the wrong direction. Basically, my customer wants a shared calendar named PTO with only 4 users to have full access to this calendar. I would like to implement this from the server if possible. Thank you in advanced

I am using Exchange 2007 and SBE

Monday, November 2, 2015 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a shared mailbox in EMC and you can do 2 things with full permissions. 1) manually add the 4 users in the full permissions to the mailbox or 2) create a security group, add 4 users in the group and then add the group to the full permissions (This is easier and better practice).

For the others, I would log on as that shared mailbox, change the default and anonymous to reviewer rights.

Monday, November 2, 2015 9:44 PM
  • Hi Cablegirl,

You are right on track and Michael has pointed it to the right direction.

EMS can be used to get these done fairly quick and easily.

Lookout for these cmdlets:

Add-ADPermissions, Add-MailboxFolderPermission

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Thanks so much for your response. I am glad to know I was on the right track. How do I share the calendar to everyone? I found a public folder management console in the EMC. I am confused on whether I go here, or do I have to create the mailbox first? Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Ok, I have created a "Room Mailbox". I granted the 4 users that need to have full control. I need to add the rest of the users for read only. Now, I just need to figure out where to go from here so that everyone sees the calendar. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Hi Cablegirl,

Not a room mailbox, thats for automatic meeting room booking.

You should create a SharedMailbox, while doing so it will ask for users to give permissions.

Once done the mailbox will be visible to everyone having full access.

Create a shared mailbox

From anyone user's mailbox access the new shared mailbox and give visible and reviewer permission on the calendar.

Other users need to explicitly open the calendar to view the data.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:03 AM