custom search using VS deployed in SharePoint 2016.But how to configure and see the search in SharePoint 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I deployed custom solution (VS) from sharepoint 2010 to sharepoint 2016. But not seeing any search is working in SP 2016.

How can I configure my SP 2010 search in SP 2016 environment? please let me know steps.

Thanks,

Thirupathi

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Thirupathi,

Please refer the steps in the blog below to configure Search Service Application in SharePoint 2016:

Configure Search in SharePoint Server 2016

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, March 9, 2020 1:16 AM
  • Hi Team,

I am trying above all steps which you given.But getting this error.

Can you please tell me what can I do for next?Please this urgent.

Sunday, April 5, 2020 10:46 AM
  • Hi Team,

I am trying above all steps which you given.But getting this error.

Can you please tell me what can I do for next?Please this urgent.

Hi,

So what is the detailed error message ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:17 AM
  • Please share the log with the latest correlation ID, below command will help you to get proper log information.

Add-Pssnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell

Merge-SPLogfile -Path D:\temp\error.txt -Correlation "Place your latest GUID"
    Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:25 AM