does edge and reverse proxy have internet connection? RRS feed

• Question

• Does edge server and reverse proxy need to have internet connection..they both have one public ip each..it shows connection but when I open any webpage like google it doesnt come up?

also in reverse proxy it shows internet connection but when I open internet explorer type google..it waits for few seconds and shows no connection in the LAN icon brlow right and then after sometime it shows connection but no page comes up

• Edited by Lexi Mace Friday, December 2, 2016 11:11 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Please check routin table and network setting.

Your servers (Edge and RP) must be have two adaptert Excternal (connect to internet or DMZ) and Internal (connect to local network) 

Default GW must be have External adapter.

For Internal adapter added GW from command route add ....

On Internet FW/GW create rule for inbound/outboud for Edge and Reverse Proxy.

Setting up reverse proxy servers for Lync Server 2013

Setting up Edge Servers in Lync Server 2013

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

• Edited by Oleg.Kovalenko Friday, December 2, 2016 4:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, December 5, 2016 7:31 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 4:10 PM
  • Hi Lexi,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Regarding your issue, Edge server and reverse proxy need to connect to internet

If you want external user/ remote user could use SFB successfully, the Edge server and reverse proxy need connect to internet.
    Edge Server enables your users to communicate and collaborate with users outside the organization’s firewalls.

The features that require external access through a reverse proxy include the following:
    1.Enabling external users to download meeting content for your meetings.
    2.Enabling external users to expand distribution groups.
    3.Enabling remote users to download files from the Address Book service.
    4.Accessing the Lync Web App client.
    5.Accessing the Dial-in Conferencing Settings webpage.
    6.Enabling external devices to connect to Device Update web service and obtain updates.
    7.Enabling mobile applications to automatically discover and use the mobility (Mcx) URLs from the Internet.
    8.Enabling the Lync 2013 client, Lync Windows Store app and Lync 2013 Mobile client to locate the Lync Discover (autodiscover) URLs and use Unified Communications Web API (UCWA).

For your issue, please check you DNS configuration for Edge server.
    For details, please refer to the following article, it's same to SFB 2015
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412787(v=ocs.15).aspx

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:42 AM
  • I think your company network team didn't configure full 1to1 SNAT for edge and RP.

they forward all you http(s) traffic to your company proxy or require you to put it in browser.

if so you need to contact your network team to change all this to 1to1 

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 7:59 AM
  • Above is my setup....in this reverse proxy shows internet but whne I am opening any page like google it just disconnects..where as edge server which is on same NIC has got connection...Is there some issue with reverse proxy port set up...???????

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 10:19 AM
  • my reverse proxy doesnot get connected to internet...
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:48 AM
  • Hi Lexi,

Can you open the webpage on your server before you install reverse proxy?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, December 12, 2016 8:30 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 9:27 AM