none
Cluster Internal network gone on array member RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the process of setting up a UAG Cluester for a client. Before going to the production system I created at Lab to test the settings in case of trouble.

I had UAG / DA working on one server and made the necessary changes to set up the next one (ISATAP etc). Everything went fine until I set the DIP:s and VIP to activate the cluster.

After that UAG2 fell out of the Internal network and doesn't work at all on the inside. There are services stoped and I can't get them up again as dependencies fail (1068).

Routing and remote access can't start as an example. But first and foremost I guess I need my internal network back on the server.

Has anyone run into anything similar when setting up the array? If this happens in the production environment I need to know how to sort it out, so I'll fix it in the lab first.

MCITP Server Administrator
    MCTS Configuration Manager
    MCTS Operations Manager
    Blog: http://www.nixadmins.net
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Mats,

do you enable the NLB services trough TMG or through UAG Web Monitor? The first may cause the trouble, since when enabled in TMG the UAG watchdog service will simply disable the services again...

In addition which NLB mode are you using? (e.g. Unicast, Multicast) And do you use a virtual environment for this test environment? (VM's are a special case, since the virtual network switch will learn the MAC addresses out of the VM configuration and this will interfere with NLB).

-Kai

This posting is provided "AS IS" whithout any warranties. Kai Wilke | ITaCS GmbH | GERMANY, Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Monday, October 17, 2011 11:12 AM