none
Difference between "Object Access" and "Global Object Access Audit"

Question

• Taking my 40-711 test this coming week and I'm still not 100% on the difference between "Object Access" and "Global Object Access Audit".  Can anyone help me?
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Object Access policy settings and audit events allow you to track attempts to access specific objects or types of objects on a network or computer. To audit attempts to access a file, directory, registry key, or any other object, you must enable the appropriate Object Access auditing subcategory for success and/or failure events.
    Global auditing lets you create System Access Control Lists (SACL) for the entire computer, based on file and registry. Global Object Access Auditing policy settings allow administrators to define computer system access control lists (SACLs) per object type for either the file system or registry. The specified SACL is then automatically applied to every object of that type.
    You could see more details about Object Access and Global Object Access Auditing from:
    Object Access
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772646(v=ws.10).aspx
    Global Object Access Auditing is Magic
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2011/03/10/global-object-access-auditing-is-magic/
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:06 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:06 AM