none
Special characters replace by ascii in task comments field updated from timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi --

I would like to use timesheeets to capture team members' commentary about task time and progress in Project Server Online 2013 and Project Web App. The Comment field on the timesheet is inadequate because:

1. The comments entered by the team member upon timesheet submission are replaced by the approver's comments when the times heet line items are approved
    2. There's no way that I've found to see these comments in the Project Pro desktop interface

So after some hunting around, I found another field to include on the timesheet: Comments [Task].  Looks like this field gets appended along with the resource name to the Task Notes field in the project plan when the task progress is incorporated into the project. Great! Just what I want!

Problem is, somewhere along the line, the special characters get replaced with 'safe' ones.  For example, in the Comments [Task] field on the time sheet, I enter:

where does this show up?

in the Notes field for the task in the project plan I get:

where%20does%20this%20show%20up%3F

Is there a way to suppress this cleansing?

Thanks.

Saturday, November 29, 2014 5:38 PM