none
Approved actual work - not updating on projects but visible in the task approval history RRS feed

• Question

• We have an issue on a number of tasks in one of our projects, where our resources submit X hours of actual work, project manager approves and publishes the actual work, but then the actual work reflects as 0 hours when opened in the client.  When checking the PM's approval history, we find actual work of 0 hours in the grid for the status updates in question, but when looking at the task details audit log it shows that the PM approved X hours of actual work.  

Here is the scenario:

1. Resource enters & submits actual work Xh via their task list
    2. The Project Manager/Status Manager approves the task status update
    3. The PM then opens within project client, and the actual work is not there
    4. PM opens Approvals > History in PWA, finds the update they approved.  In the grid, it shows Action = Accepted, Status = Published, Actual Work = 0 h.  
    5. PM opens the Task Details (linked in the Task Name) column, sees timestamped details showing the task update was approved for Actual Work On MM/DD/YYYY → Xh.

No errors are in the queue, and the project and resource calendars are the same.  Single entry mode is disabled, manually scheduled tasks are allowed, and PMs are allowed to update actuals from within projects if they need to.  The PM has confirmed she has not updated the actuals on these tasks.  

Project Server 2013  version# 15.0.4481.1005

Project Pro Client 2013 version# 15.0.4569.1504  MSO 15.0.4631.1000 32-bit

Any ideas what we can do to prevent?

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:00 PM

All replies

• Project name?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:05 PM
  • Hi,

You should spot weither it is related to the resource, the file or to the task. Add another resource to the task, and create another assignment for the resource.

If you find out that it is happening for the entire project, it could be corrupted. Then try the save for sharing method.

http://masterbehind.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/microsoft-project-2010-server-save-file-for-share/

If not, try to delete and recreate the assignment.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume, since this issue happened place across multiple tasks and resource assignments, we tried the "Save for Sharing" approach and after a couple of initial tests the issue appears to have been resolved.   

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:07 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Glad to hear that!

If replies above help you out, please mark them as answers so other users with similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:46 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the suggested solution for this issue. I have got the one incident last week and your suggested "Save for Sharing" method resolves it. However, now I am getting about 10 affected project plans, I am using Project Server 2013 with Jun 2014 CU. Is there any reason that the project plans got corrupted in the first place? I have check the KB for the latest CUs but I have not seen any one of them addressing this issue. It is quite troublesome to get respective status managers to update the status manage field after the Save for Sharing method and also get all users to recall their timesheet and submit again.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,

Woon Woon, Gan

Friday, May 29, 2015 7:53 AM