Unable to add counter \TCPv4\Segments Retransmitted/sec...The specified object could not be found. RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon,

I have (8) Win XP SP3 32-bit clients, the SMB/CIFS server is Windows 2008 R2 x64, and the controller is a Win XP SP3 32-bit machine. My FSCT run fails with "Unable to add counter \TCPv4\Segments Retransmitted/sec for the following reason: PDH_CSTATUS_NO_OBJECT: The specified object could not be found".

I know it looking it's refering to the \TCPv4\Segments Retransmitted/sec perfmon counter, but I don't know why/where it can't be found. From the Controller running perfmon I can remotely view \TCPv4\Segments Retransmitted/sec on both the SMB/CIFS server and the client machines.

I did enabled /verbose debug logging on the controller and clients but I don't receive any additional insight into the above error.

Anybody have any clue?

Thanks,

Bill
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:19 PM

Answers

• We have seen issues with white spaces added to the end of the perf counter line, which could cause this problem. Could you please check using a different editor, see if there are any invisible chars messing up the file?

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:45 PM

All replies

• I worked around the error for now:

"Unable to add counter \TCPv4\Segments Retransmitted/sec for the following reason: PDH_CSTATUS_NO_OBJECT: The specified object could not be found"

I removed “\TCPv4\Segments Retransmitted/sec" from C:\fsct\workloads\HomeFolders\perf.txt . Again this is a workaround not a fix. Still need an answer to why this is failing.

Thanks,

Bill

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:50 AM
  • We have seen issues with white spaces added to the end of the perf counter line, which could cause this problem. Could you please check using a different editor, see if there are any invisible chars messing up the file?

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:45 PM