outlook 2016 only start with /safe RRS feed

• Question

• i got an office outlook installation where the outlook only starts with the /safe. The regular one doesnt start. Already reinstalled office completely and it works fine for a few days, but then it starts again. also tried /resetnavpane but that didnt do the trick. I cant find a problem with the addons. Anyone who can help? thanks.
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:31 PM

Answers

• i got an office outlook installation where the outlook only starts with the /safe. The regular one doesnt start. Already reinstalled office completely and it works fine for a few days, but then it starts again. also tried /resetnavpane but that didnt do the trick. I cant find a problem with the addons. Anyone who can help? thanks.

Hi,

In Outlook safe mode, please try the following settings:

Go to File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click GO. Then clear all checkbox for listed add-ins. Click OK to save all settings.

Restart Outlook normally. Then check if the Outlook 2016 can start or not. If there is no issue, open Add-ins settings, select the add-ins to enable it one by one, it can help to narrow down the issue to one specific Add-in.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

• Marked as answer by enlil Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:34 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:05 AM

All replies

Hi,

In Outlook safe mode, please try the following settings:

Go to File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click GO. Then clear all checkbox for listed add-ins. Click OK to save all settings.

Restart Outlook normally. Then check if the Outlook 2016 can start or not. If there is no issue, open Add-ins settings, select the add-ins to enable it one by one, it can help to narrow down the issue to one specific Add-in.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

• Marked as answer by enlil Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:34 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:05 AM
  • thanks, can start Outlook again
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:34 PM