how can i make my old scanners and drives which is not detected by my windows10 pro to make it compatible RRS feed

• Question

• I was using windows 7.0 ultimate  for my desktop and laptop, I got it upgraded to windows 10pro. the scanner which I was using (Umax Astra 4100) and the hard disk reader which I bought new is not recognized when connected (both) through usb jack's. is there any possibilities to connect and use these devices using any compatibility techniques.

I mean I was asking ... is there any techniques we can use to add and use devices which work with older versions of windows to make it compatibile and identifiable by the new windows 10 pro.

Please help me....   :-(   Vijay 09037162219 - Kochi, Kerala, india daffodilsvijay@hotmail.com

Monday, December 28, 2015 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Vijayaraj R Nair,

To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver. The driver is released by the device manufacturer. We could try to download the Windows 10 compatible driver from the device manufacturer website.
    If they haven`t released the Windows 10 compatible driver for the device, we could try to install the latest driver in compatibility mode. Right click the driver package, choose "properties", "Compatibility".

However, it is recommended to ask for help from the device manufacturer support for the third party product. They should have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:12 AM