'Created By' changing to AuthorID? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,
    I'm attempting to leverage a list that we have in SharePoint into Power BI for reporting, but I'm coming across an issue with the name of the person who submitted records (this issue has also come up with Excel). My SP list will display a full name (i.e. Ian Thompson) in the list view, but whenever I've tied the data to another program such as Power BI or Excel, I am unable to retrieve any sort of Created By column or its data. Instead the closest thing that returns is an 'Author ID' which provides a 3-digit code that ties to each auditor we have entering records. It doesn't seem like an entirely great use of time in Power BI to convert these into the actual names, and I believe that since SharePoint contains the actual names of the auditors, it should be available somewhere for me. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide any insights? 
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you link to Excel(since you mentioned that Excel also have this issue)? By using the "Get Data" function in Excel? Or Using the "Export to Excel" function in SharePoint?

If using the "Export to Excel" function in SharePoint list, everything works well.

However, if I use the "Get Data" function in Excel, maybe I get the same results as you:

I will do some research for this to make sure if this is by design and will tell you when there is any update.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, April 12, 2019 9:31 AM