none
Enable alert on Status: New for AD Client Monitoring. RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

Some overrides has been done on AD Management Pack, so right now we are only receiving below alert:

AD Client Monitoring: AD Connectivity is unavailable, or the response is too slow Status: Closed...

So I am not receiving: AD Client Monitoring: AD Connectivity is unavailable, or the response is too slow: New

Can you please guide us to re-enable this alert (AD Client Monitoring: AD Connectivity is unavailable, or the response is too slow Status: New)

Appreciate if you can give me the step by step, coz I am not able to re-enable this.

Thanks

Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Use override explorer to look for the override that disables those alerts.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dmuscett/2012/02/19/boriss-opsmgr-tools-updated/

Regards

Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:08 PM
  • I think that you has modify the monitor, AD clinet connectivity Monitor. You may review this monitor override summary and then cancel this override.Step by step as

a) under authoring workspace --> monitor

b) search monitor AD client connectivity monitor

c) double click the monitor to view its property

d) click overrides tab

e) click view summary --> for the monitor

e) delete to cancel overrdie which you want to cancel

Roger

Friday, May 13, 2016 3:38 AM
  • Hello,

As far as I know, the alert content is "AD Client Monitoring: AD Connectivity is unavailable, or the response is too slow", the status is the alert status, Closed means this alert is closed, and the alert is set to auto resolve when the monitor return to health state.

It seems like that the monitor is enabled. So you do not need to enable it. If you want to override the value of auto resolve setting, you may follow suggestions provided by Simon and Roger.

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Well, I am able to see the new alerts in SCOM (it get open and close) but what happen through email alerts is: I am only receiving :closed, so status: New is mostly overrided, so what do you think?

Additionally, If I changed the resolution status to not resolve automatically, then I might get 100 of alerts for same machine, right?

Thanks

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Hello,

It seems like that you have notification configured to receive closed alert, would you please check your notification for this kind of alert. To receive notifications for new created alert, please modify your Conditions used, here is a blog for your reference:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2012/04/27/opsmgr-2012-configure-notifications/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 16, 2016 8:06 AM