none
Icon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Rather a trival question this but I've noticed some of my MSP files have an icon with a padlock. I don't knowingly do anything different with these files and they seem to open up without any problems, I just wondered what the symbol means and where it comes from ??

Thanks

Swansea Jack

MSP Standard 2010 user

Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:54 AM

Answers

• Swansea_Jack,

I wondered that myself as some of my Project file icons have padlocks while other do not. I am the only user on my PC and my files are not shared. So I did a little Google search and found the following post that goes into detail about the padlocks. I don't pretend to understand what it's all about but you may find this informative:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/what-are-the-padlock-icons-on-folders-for/e4b100a7-f65d-49c6-8555-6df40d35676a

John

• Marked as answer by Swansea_Jack Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:51 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:39 PM

All replies

• Swansea_Jack,

I wondered that myself as some of my Project file icons have padlocks while other do not. I am the only user on my PC and my files are not shared. So I did a little Google search and found the following post that goes into detail about the padlocks. I don't pretend to understand what it's all about but you may find this informative:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/what-are-the-padlock-icons-on-folders-for/e4b100a7-f65d-49c6-8555-6df40d35676a

John

• Marked as answer by Swansea_Jack Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:51 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Hi John

Thanks for this - I don't fully understand it, but they do no harm so what the heck !

Hwyl !

Swansea Jack

Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Swansea Jack,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. For average users whether the lock icon is present or not is probably irrelevant. It likely comes into play when multiple users access various files in a controlled environment.

John

Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:16 PM