none
IPAM - Add a Value to a Built in Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have deployed a Windows Server IPAM server in our domain-GPO method. Works great with DHCP but now need to add in a little customization to fit our needs. When viewing an IP address there is a field titled "Device Type" which has vales of, host, switch, etc. I want to add the value "Windows Server" tot he field "Device Type" so when I import our static servers I can put that value in the Device Type field of the CSV I intend to import.. Is it possible to add a value to a built in field? 

TIA

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ellis,

>>Is it possible to add a value to a built in field? 

Did you mean that you want to add a value to CSV file?

If yes, since issue is more related with CSV file, I suggest that you could post issue to office forum to get effect support.

If you want to add custom field to IPAM, you could follow link below to achieve:

Add-IpamCustomField

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj590823.aspx

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:27 AM
  • Hi John,

We are in the midst of testing IPAM to see if it will work for our IT dept. If one is looking at the properties of an IP address you see under "Device Type" there is a dropdown list. Is it possible to add values to this field. "HOST" is ok but we are looking for something more specific like "Windows Server" or "Linux Server" etc. Is it possible to add other values to this field?

Monday, October 17, 2016 6:46 PM
  • Hi Ellis,

>> Is it possible to add other values to this field?

No, the access type of devceType is read-only.

You could reference article below for further understanding:

MSFT_IPAM_Address class

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn765576(v=vs.85).aspx

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rich Ellis-MC Tuesday, October 18, 2016 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:53 AM