Windows fall creators update 1709 fails repeatedly on 1607 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SCCM CB 1706 and tried to update fall creators feature updates via WSUS, I am getting following errors,

Download success on 1607 machine, while during installation, I have received these errors

0xC1900208(-1047526904

0x80240020(-2145124320), got this one from retry of above

Could some help on this?

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 11:10 PM

Answers

• I have analyzed the latest file Compatdata.xml files which is under C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\  seems Installation was blocking due to SEP current version  

</DriverPackages><Programs><Program Name="Symantec Endpoint Protection" <CompatibilityInfo BlockingType="Hard"

SEP 14 RU1 (14.0.1) is fully supported version for Windows 10 Fall creators update which stated on Symantec support page.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH235458.html (Compatibility with Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update, and Windows Server 2016)

I have updatedSEP 14 RU1 (14.0.1) manually on test machine and tried again & the upgrade was working through WSUS 

• Marked as answer by TaarunRaj Monday, November 13, 2017 2:31 PM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your screenshot error code 0x80240020, it indicates that the Automatic Updates services cannot impersonate the logged user to finish downloading and installing the update.

You can try to resolve it via these steps:

1. Confirm that you logged user have Administrative permission.

2. Make sure Background Intelligent Transfer Service and the System Event Notification Service are started.

3. Run command Prompt(Admin), type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command:

nslookup

ns

your computer name

Note In this step, replace your computer name with the name of your computer.

4. When you press ENTER after you type your computer name at the command prompt, you should see your Domain Name System (DNS) IP address returned.

5.Try again to install the updates.

In addition, you can also try the following workaround, navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade

Then create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with Name: AllowOSUpgrade and set the Value: 0x00000001.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Let us know your progress or if you need additional troubleshooting steps.
    Friday, November 10, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly and we will archive this thread temporarily.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:59 AM
  • I have analyzed the latest file Compatdata.xml files which is under C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\  seems Installation was blocking due to SEP current version  

</DriverPackages><Programs><Program Name="Symantec Endpoint Protection" <CompatibilityInfo BlockingType="Hard"

SEP 14 RU1 (14.0.1) is fully supported version for Windows 10 Fall creators update which stated on Symantec support page.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH235458.html (Compatibility with Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update, and Windows Server 2016)

I have updatedSEP 14 RU1 (14.0.1) manually on test machine and tried again & the upgrade was working through WSUS 

• Marked as answer by TaarunRaj Monday, November 13, 2017 2:31 PM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 2:31 PM
  • I wondered if the problem was an incompatibility with Symantec/Norton... I went to the extreme step of removing Symantec from my system....  The update still failed...

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:24 PM