none
i8042prt RRS feed

• Question

• Running Vista Home Premium

I've started getting this error just recently and believe it has to do with the PS2 port / driver. I have not seen it before and just installed a new mouse and keyboard last week, but both are USB. I have a Logitech for both, installed their software for Vista so they are compatable. No issues with either device, so am a bit confused as to why now and what to do to get rid of it.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:46 AM

All replies

• I need the answer to this as well. Please let us know... I also have Logitech mouse&keys (Logitech S510 cordless). Using XP-home though.
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:10 AM
  • Same issue here...
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:48 AM
  • I also have this issue.. But i don't get the error message when i plug my old ps/2 keyboard in as well.

I read on another forum that you can set the start value of this server to DISABLED in SERVICES.

I'll give this a try when i get home.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:53 AM
  • I've had the same problem on windows 2003 with a USB keyboard and mouse connected.

The reason why it fails is that there is no PS/2 device connected and therefore the driver gives the 7026  error in windows eventlog.

To prevent the load of the driver change the following value in this registry key.

Registry:

(Default)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Start = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Start = 4

1 = load driver (hex)

4 = disable driver (hex)

Please note that you must change the value back again if you need to use PS/2 devices.

Regards

Kim

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 8:58 PM