populating XML file for form set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We have several forms that we need to fill out with the same information for each "case" we deal with. Its the usual stuff like names, dates and addresses.

At present we fill out each form one at a time - very repetitive.

I want to have a underlying xml file populate each form.

This presents a few questions:

1. We don't have a database to populate the underlying xml file. What would be a good way to have the user enter this xml data? In addition to entering the xml data it needs to be store in a different folder each time (there is a folder for each case) and the dialog box (or whatever) needs to be able to accommodate a different number of people associated with different cases. Some might have 4 people some might only have two.

2. Then a template, which could be one big document with each form.

These goals maybe able to be done entirely within word, but I look forward to suggestions on this!

Regards,

-Al

Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to the end-user, I'd like to move it to Word IT pro forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:45 AM