vista freeze/crash RRS feed

• Question

• hello all. ive been working on this build for about four days non stop trying to get it up and running. the specs are as follows
    aus a8n-sli premium mobo
    xfx geforce 7800gtx video card
    sound blaster audigy se sound card
    amd athalon 64 3800+ processor
    western digital 250g hd
    2gs corsair ram
    ok on to my problem now. at first i had win xp pro installed and running fabulously no problems what so ever but from the start i intended to upgrade to win vista.  i purchased the oem package (32bit) and did a clean instal rather than an upgrade.  the first time i went smoothly all the way through the installation until i reached the point after installation when vista checks the preformance of your system. then it froze up.  i rebooted and it skipped this part and i proceeded to my desktop. after about 20 min of running it froze again and i had to cold boot.  it happend every time i entered vista normally so i reinstalled and it froze at the same place while checking preformance and i did the same after and ultimately i got the same result of freezing shortly after entering the desktop.  i booted into safe mode with networking and it runs perfectly.  all that to say i need alot of help and id appreciate any suggestions on how to get windows vista up and running smoothly on my rig. thank you for any help you lend to my situation.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 4:49 PM