none
MAP Tool 9.9 version - SQL Database Details , SQL Inventory Fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum Members, 

I am trying to perform MAP for consolidation of SQL Servers. I have scanned and inventoried the SQL DB. After scanning and inventory, when referring to report SQL Assesement Report, the  status is showing as Success. 

However when i refer to SQL Database Details Report, I get failure under the column "SQL Connection Status". The DB Credential i am using is a domain admin and having server roles "sysadmin"in the database server. 

I have looked at the logs present in MAP Folder and following is the error i can notice is Ërror 40 , Named Pipe"". Would like to know your views as to how i can troubleshoot. 

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Forum Members

This is the error i get from the MAP Log.

<2019-04-09 18:10:16.59 WorkerThread18@SqlServerHelper,I> GetStatusFromSqlException(Device(GUID={c627503c-ca24-4bc0-817f-5c6a044d7f6e},DnsHostName='192.168.82.79')) - Caught SqlException on connect with an error number we aren't handling specifically. ex.Number=5, ex.Message=<<A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)>>, Connection String=<<Data Source=SKTFSNEW.sskikt_nt.com;Initial Catalog=master;Integrated Security=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=False;Current Language=us_english>>

Any Help??

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:06 PM